We love traditions at Winkie’s Toys and Variety – and we know you do, too. We know traditions are still so important to our customers and community because we get the honor of hearing your stories and helping you build your memories.
Whether you come into our store to pick up balloons to bring to birthday celebrations, stop by to add candles to your Menorah to light with your children, swing by to grab a blow-up Rudolph for your front lawn, call to ask if we have a light up shamrock necklace for the Milwaukee St. Patrick’s Day parade, come in holding hands with grandma to pick up a special craft to do during a winter snow day, or save your birthday money to buy the new season’s basketball sticker book . . . we see you! We love your traditions!
This time of year, our favorite tradition is another Winkie’s Toys & Variety favorite – Valentine’s Day! We make sure to have different, interesting Valentine’s Day packs for your kids’ classes – they are so much fun! We know you love your child’s handwriting as they work through the spelling of each of their classmate’s names and their favorite specialist teachers and maybe even the principal, too!
Handwritten notes are one of our favorite traditions. Writing your own Valentine this year? Here are a few Valentine’s ideas:
- Write a poem! Start with a classic like Roses are Red….
- Use photographs! Grab one of those common deals at a photo printing place and get a few copies of your favorite photos. Make a collage, add speech bubbles, cut and paste photos together and have some fun with it!
- Go old school and cut out words and images from magazine, advertisements, newspapers! Take time with recreating your favorite quotes, things you like to do together.
- Use stickers, puffy letters, paint… or even everyone’s favorite… glitter! Get creative – take your time and enjoy the process!
- Write a story. Create a funny or heartfelt story that includes close friend and family members – fiction or non fiction… either are fun!
- Bake your Valentine’s favorite treat! Use heart shaped sprinkles, cute cupcake wrappers or decorative frosting! Homemade treats are so special!
- Make a list of things you’d like to do with your Valentine! Maybe you like to hike together, go to your favorite bakery on a weekend morning, go to a movie, a bike ride, play your favorite board game together. Maybe you and your Valentine would like to learn a new skill together!
Have fun celebrating love, affection and don’t forget to have some fun with it!